Dear Readers of mine!
I needed to take a little break from the 'Law of Success' series. So… I translated a recent short story of mine. It was quite challenging, as the characters speak a very peculiar kind of slang, but I hope I've managed to pass that rural-religious-tough-zealous type of a speech that these people use. It's quite a funny little tale, and what's more interesting it's actually a true story. I think it says more about the 'Polish character' than any other lengthy characteristics might.
Enjoy & let me know if you liked it!
- Let a lightining struck, God punish and blood drown that earth forsaken bastard!
- Don't get worked up, mother….
- Let his eybrows burn with our lights, let his kids get burned and blistered!
- Mother, stop! I won't drive you to ER again!
- If only Stasio lived… Mary, mother of God!
- If dad was still alive, nobody would steal lights from his grave. As he wouldn't have one… – suggested Janek.
- How do you know they're getting stolen at all? – Jadzia, Janek's sister, asked.
- Daughter, please, have mercy. One time it can be wind, twice I can believe, but FOUR times! It must be some sinner with sticky paws!
- Mother, relax, for Christ sake! If mom gets a heart attack again, I'll beat mom until…
- You'll beat your own mother?! – mother Renia exclaimed, shocked.
- I don't want to, it's for mother's own good…
- Calm yourselves down! – shouted Jadzia.
- Right, right – agreed mrs. Renia.
She sighed, as she was washing the grave stone with a rug. She scratched a line of bird shit, dried between Lucjan's date of birth and death. 1947-2003.